Montag, 28. August 2023

Meine liebsten Buchzitate #119

1. "The Fake Boyfriend Fiasco" von Talia Hibbert, Seite 25

Ever since he'd ended his contract with Colston City, Nik had been treading a tightrope over shark-infested waters. The sharks were anxiety, the waters depression; when he fell, he'd be eaten alive if he didn't drown first.

2. "Highly suspicious and unfairly cute" von Talia Hibbert, Seite 125

It's strange, because for me, building friendships usually takes a few months. And a great deal of exertion. And maybe a cappuccino or five to keep my energy up, and also, the people I befriend have to be okay with the fact that I am excessively sarcastic and frequently mean, which most people are not okay with at all.

3. "Mating the Huntress" von Talia Hibbert, Seite 87

It was all so inconvenient, ahving people who cared about you when all you really wanted was to bottle up your feelings and never, ever speak of them.

4. "The Fake Boyfriend Fiasco" von Talia Hibbert, Seite 27

"Are you serious? You have an absolute mountain on this table. You're never going to eat this."

"It's my mountain. And you don't know what I can eat. If I see your hand on this food again, I'll stab it" She raised her fork, apparently serious. "I know where all the important tendons are."

5. "Untouchable" von Talia Hibbert, Seite 291

"If you hurt her", Evan said, "I will make a trophy out of your balls." Nate shrugged as he strode past the other men towards the house. "Pretty sure she'd do that herself."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Vielen Dank für deinen Kommentar! Ich freue mich immer darauf, mit euch zu diskutieren. Bitte achte aber darauf, höflich zu sein und niemanden zu beleidigen. Kommentare, die darauf abzielen, Streit zu provozieren, zu verletzen oder illegale Inhalte beinhalten, werden ohne Ausnahme gelöscht.